Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Avocado Cream Pasta

This awesome recipe is my usual "go-to" when I am having company over for dinner. Many people have been impressed with my culinary skills when I have served this to them. However, I believe their praise would be more accurately directed to the actual recipe as it is extremely simple to make, while wielding a creamy and flavourful, yet healthy, pasta dish. It only tastes indulgent.

2 avocados, pitted and diced
1 clove garlic, minced
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup unsweetened soy or rice milk
1/4 cup water
Red pepper flakes, to taste
Cooked pasta

*Combine avocados, garlic and lemon juice in a food processor. As mixture is blending, add the soy/rice milk and then the water (or less water,depending on your desired consistency).

Add salt and pepper, to taste. Then toss with your favourite cooked pasta and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment