Thursday, July 8, 2010

Barbequed Pizza

Well, it was my first time being a guest for dinner now that I am trying to be a full time vegan. Before, I would only eat cheese when eating out or as a guest.

 My host, Hilary, was making  barbequed pizza and graciously offered to make a portion of it without cheese. I will admit, as I saw the feta cheese going on their part.. my will power was weakening.. Would I feel completely deprived? Would I cave in and eat theirs? Tackle them and steal it from their hands? Well, that would have been rude, so I stuck to my guns and ate my cheese-less version.
My fears were completely unfounded! It was scrumptious! Here is how it was made:

Pre-baked thin pizza crust- A flat bread would work just as well. Instead of tomato sauce, a thin layer of apple butter was spread across the crust. Sounds strange, but was amazing!
The toppings were; grilled eggplant, zucchini, tomatos, olives, hot peppers.
It was then placed on the barbeque to heat up.

Pretty simple. I  actually think the cheese would have taken away from the rustic flavour of this pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment