Sunday, July 11, 2010

Well, that was cheesy!

 Lately, I cannot even count the number of times I have heard the phrase "I could never live without cheese". It seems to be the automatic reponse of people who learn that I am vegan. Since  I have yet to meet anyone who has has suffered from a cheese deficiency, I try to respond to that comment with limited eyerolling. (yes, only limited, I am not perfect).

I  have tried a few vegan "melting" cheeses that were really not bad when melted over nachos,etc, but the answer to my prayers came by chance when Cody and I were wandering downtown Burlington and stumbled upon a new vegan Health food store and cafe called Kindfood.

I was meeting friends for lunch, so we decided to try their cafe. My friend and I both tried the "Oh my God Grilled cheese". This sandwich was appropriately named as that was the exact phrase that came out of my friend's mouth when she took a bite. It really was that good!!

The cheese they used is called "Daiya" and it is made in Canada and has absolutely no soy, for those of you are soy-adverse.  Well, now that I am dying for Daiya (Hey,  I wonder if  I can sell that slogan to the makers of Daiya. They could pay me in cheese) I can go down to Kindfood and buy a tub of it and just live on grilled cheese. Maybe I will.

http://www.kindfood.com/

1 comment:

  1. It took me a while to figure out how to work this whole blog thing.
    I hadn't thought of apple butter on something like this with the veggies. It didn't sound like it would taste good but I trust your judgement and if you say it's good then I'd try it. Interesting combination.

    ReplyDelete