Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Grilled Portabello Mushrooms

3 large Portobello Mushrooms
Equal parts olive oil & balsamic vinegar
pinch of pepper, garlic powder

Wash & brush the mushrooms gently with a vegtable brush. Place in container then add equal parts olive oil and balsamic vinegar to container. Close lid and shake to evenly distribute marinade. Let sit in fridge for up to one hour. Grill on each side for 5 minutes,or until mushrooms are tender.
***
Right now, I am feeling a bit sheepish when I consider the fact that I have always loved portabello mushrooms in restaurants, or when someone else has prepared them. It had never occured to me that it is actually not hard to grill them myself. I simply turned on my George Forman (knockoff) grill and placed the marinated mushrooms on it and that's it.

They had a wonderfully meaty texture  for those of you who are missing meat, or having trouble giving it up. I am thinking next time I might try marinating them with a pepper steak sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment