Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Melanie's Caribbean Yummy-ness

I often, when by myself, throw together some odd concoction of food based on ingredients that I just happen to have in my fridge because I couldn't be bothered to plan something just for myself. This practice does sometime manage to blow up in my face. Not literally,as I have never exploded anything in my kitchen-YET. It just turns out less than desireable.  This is not the case with my lunch today that I threw together last night. It was so good, I even gave my dish a name.

Melanie's Caribbean Yummy-ness

Boil sweet potatos until they are mostly done. I then lightly fried them in organic coconut oil until soft and added black pepper.
I placed them in  a bowl and added black beans, chopped avocado, salsa and lime juice.

Thats it!! Super good. The coconut and lime flavours remind me of the tropics

1 comment:

  1. This actually sounds really good Melanie....I'm going to try this one for sure. I'm wondering if I could substitute another oil and maybe try coconut shreds or a tiny bit of coconut milk for flavour?

    ReplyDelete